Friday, June 24, 2011

Bountiful Lake Swim, every Thursday at 6 pm

I sent everyone an email about how wonderful it is swimming at Bountiful Lake. I thought I would include a picture from that swim as well.



Copy of the email:
There is an organized (Utah Open Water Group) that swims every Thursday at 6 pm at Bountiful Lake. There were two paddle boarders that were there to help out and the two people in charge of the event had rescue buoys with them. It took less than an hour to drive there, which wasn't too bad. I left at 5 from Herriman and got there before 6 (which was during rush hour as well)

I went swimming at Bountiful Lake last night and had so much fun (I am the one in the picture who is in front). It is well organized and they split into groups based on levels. Last night, there were 7 people total including some very beginner swimmers. A wetsuit is not required, but most people had one. I swam part way with my wetsuit and then overheated and swam the rest of the time without one. It is one mile around the lake, but different groups did different amounts. Frequent stops were also made. The weather was warm and the lake was nice. A little cold getting in, but then you warmed up swimming. Two people didn't have wet suits and another woman only had a lycra suit and all three were just fine. It was a beautiful setting.

I am planning on swimming at Bountiful lake every Thursday and would be happy to drive there if anyone wants to carpool. If you want to drive yourself, the easiest directions are take I-15 to Legacy Highway. Take the 500 South exit and turn left. Follow that road (it will head north) past the water treatment plant and slightly past the lake. You will see a small turnoff for the parking lot/boat ramp.

Erin
Utah Open Water has a facebook page and a blog http://www.utahopenwater.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment